Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What has Rick been up to?


Rick has been a very busy bee lately! He now works from home! This is huge for us. I have been known to call myself a computer widow for quite some time now. Lets just say that Rick has worked his butt off for the last 10 years so he can be his own boss. Well, he has finally trained enough programmers and hired a manager to take his spot at the office. Not to worry, Rick is still an owner and still works for Send Out Cards. The only person he is in charge of is himself, which he loves! He loves being able to work when and where he wants. I love it too. It is soooo nice to have him home. The hard part is trying to work when the kids want to play. I find myself trying to get more done around the house cuz I don't want Rick to think I take it easy everyday. I can no longer say Rick gets home too late to cook dinner, time dust the cookbooks off. I'm actually excited to have family dinner everynight!


Even though Rick has been home more he has been pretty busy. Our old house which we now call the rental has taken a lot of his time. We added a bathroom and 2 rooms downstairs and added radient heating in the floor. Last on his list is to install a sprinkler system so the tennants don't keep killing the grass!

These pictures are from a hike Rick did with some of his buddies last weekend. I like to hike but not like these guys do. Rick said this hike was hard for him even. I'm a complainer too! Rick lets me do so many fun things with my friends so I figure hiking is great for the guy time fun. He always has a blast and yes I make him take pictures for proof;) Just kidding

ROBOT DAD FOR A DAY!


Well, maybe the hike was a bit too much for Rick. This is Robot Dad sporting his sweet heart monitor! Rick started having strange heart beats on Tuesday night and when he woke up on Wed morning they were more frequent and a bit more scarier to him so he drove himself down to instant care (I did offer to take him) and from there he got an ambulance ride to the ER! The hospital ran some tests and Rick will only be wearing the monitor for a day and then we will know more. Rick's heart is beating irregularly but the Doctor doesn't think it is anything life threating at this stage. We will know more in a few days. I give an update in about a month since that is about my average for blogging.

Love ya babe!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

That sounds so good, having Rick home more : ) good for all you!!
Hope everything is good with the heart Rick, Ed has a irregular heart beat too. It kind of skips.
Fun hike!!