Sunday, August 30, 2009

Paragliding

This all started with Jen's Husband getting her a certificate for her to get her own pilots license so she can paraglide solo. Well, that takes about a week and half 4 hours a day. It is hard enough to get an hour of free time a day with kids and life in general so she decided to just go tandem and maybe later she would do the whole pilot thing once she could find the time. Jen was telling Shellie and I one night while cleaning up after enrichment how excited she was to go and we both said we wanted to go too. So thanks Jen for letting me tag along! It was such a blast!

The Excited Threesome
Me, Jen, & Shellie


I was up first!
I am trying to figure out the timer on my camera...or was it nervs?

All set

getting hooked up


When the parachute first opens it pulls you back.
They tell you to just try to stay on your feet
Stable and even more nervous.
I guess I bite my tongue when I'm nervous..who knew?
Walking to the edge

We have lift off!
This was the most exhilarating part for me.
They tell you to run the last 6 steps and before you know it you are running in the air!




I was surprised at how peaceful and exciting it was at the same time!
I loved it!



This is a picture I took in the air of the friends and family

Me and Mike in the air
He seemed like a pretty cool guy

The super smooth landing, all I did was stand up!

Me telling everyone how AWESOME it was!Thanks Mike I had a great time and will do it again!
Now I know what it is like when I look out my window and see all the paragliders.


I totaly want to go again. Thanks to Shellie for making all the phone calls for us.
I'm toying with the idea of skydiving...anyone with me?

6 comments:

Krazy Keetch's said...

Holy Crapoly..You should've told me you were going to be up there I would've watched you from my backyard!! Did you like it!!? Sounds like you did. Were you scared at all?? Looks like it was totally awesome of all awesomeness.You'll have to fill me in.I should try it out sometime. I'm in on the skydiving as long as someone else is with me and responsible for my own life!!

P.S. Glad your posting again..now keep up on it!

Our Loved-up Family said...

Well, don't you just have the exciting life! I'll do the paragliding with you in a year, not sure about skydiving though....! Glad you survived, it looks like so much fun!

Tara Hoppie said...

Wow. I'm with Tiff. If I had known you were going I would have tried to watch from the backyard :-) It looks like you had so much fun! I am glad you went. I am a little too scared to skydive... you know, since the bungee jumping thing... but maybe I would paraglide someday. We'll see :0)

Sherami said...

Holy cow! That looks like so much fun! I'm way too big of a weeny to do that kind of stuff!

Amy said...

Hey Krista
I ran across your name on Allison' s blog, and just wanted say Hi! Where are you living?

Vicky said...

Looks like so much fun, I have to try that one!! skydiving...? maybe!