Sunday, November 1, 2009

Provo Halloween Half Marathon!

I woke to the sound of the alarm going off at 4:50am Halloween morning. How I thought this was going to fun I don't know. We left for Provo canyon at 5:45am there was no turning back once I was in the car. Celest is the one who won me over to running this race. I thought it would be fun to run with a cape. I have great memories with my Big Brother Branden who is 6 years older than me entertaining me with the idea that once I turned around 3 times in a circle I would transform into Wonder Woman and kick his butt all over the place! I sometimes still threaten him with " Don't make me turn around!" Plus I figured I could use all the super powers I could get to finish my first half marathon. So Wonder Woman I was.

Shari's brother, Shari, Nicole, Celest, Celest's brother and me Wonder Woman
As mad as I was at Rick for NOT getting a picture of me crossing the finish line, I am glad he brought the kids out to cheer me on and give me big hugs once I finished!
It took me 2 Hours and 1 Minute to run 13.1 Miles
In my age from 30-34 I place 49th out of 113 women



These Hero shots are after the race I didn't feel like going home and fixing hair and redoing makeup so sorry and my belt is out of line o well this is what I look like after 13.1 Miles


All is well in Lehi


My SUPER Cheese Smile showing off my medal for finishing the race!

me showing off my Sweet Shirt!
Well, I did it! I have been training to run the St. George half marathon on January 23rd so I ran this one a little earlier than planed. I just couldn't resist not running in a costume especially with a cape! Silly I know but I am so glad I did it. I now know what to expect and how much more I can push my body the next time I race. I had a blast!

8 comments:

Al said...

You are a smokin' hot rockstar! My hero! I am so proud of you. Ummm yea, about the St George thing. . . found out on Friday I have a presentation to give at our stockholders year end review meeting on that day. Forgive me? There will be lots of races in the spring I can FOR SURE make it up to you. We ARE going to do one together dang-it! Can't wait to see you guys soon! Congratulations once again!

Pauly said...

I can see why you couldn't pass up this race. Way to go and you crack me up!

Our Loved-up Family said...

You did so great, especially seeing as how you haven't been training for long - I would've have literally died after 1/2 a mile!! Maybe next time you'll do that 50 mile one with Celeste!

Vicky said...

Way to go!! Love the picture, your cape? yeah... love it!

Burton said...

Way to go!!! Hey and I got the invite in the mail!!! You make sure im on the list, cause im comin!

Krazy Keetch's said...

oh Krista I could go on and on about how proud I am of ya, and how much I look up to you and how much I love you but I think I've done my fair share of embarrassing you;) You look so so so good, and you are so amazing. You have achieved so many amazing things!!!

you go girl!

Burton said...

Hey I was just wondering... Do you have any spots open for the new moon thing??? I know of someone in the ward that would love to come to the movie with us, let me know!

Unknown said...

Krista, why didn't you tell me these were posted... Your costume and the run...Wish I could have seen it...Whoohooh! I could never make it a mile..LOL Love the cape!

The Halloween ones...LOL.. You totally look like Sarah for some reason in that outfit...Something about the color and eyebrows I guess..LOL You all look so cute and it looks like you had a lot of fun.

And Keetch looks hilarious as a redneck...He looks like a Hootch..LOL